** Attachment added: "pactl_stat.txt"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/1250838/+attachment/3907991/+files/pactl_stat.txt

Packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  pulseaudio stops playing sound

Status in “pulseaudio” package in Ubuntu:

  When playing music in a flash player in Google chrome, I would lose
  sound on my headphones every 5-10 minutes.   In pavucontrol, Chromium
  shows up on the playback streams but the actual output bar is frozen
  in place.  When I click on the configuration tab and change the
  profile of my GameCom USB headset, the sound comes back and the
  stream's output indicator moves again.

  I have attached a verbose log and default.pa both without tsched=0
  added to the udev module load, as adding tsched=0 did not solve the
  issue.  Please note that I had also commented out load-module module-
  suspend-on-idle  in default.pa.  This change was in effect when
  logging the attached log.

  My aplay -a:

  card 0: U0x47f0xad01 [USB Device 0x47f:0xad01], device 0: USB Audio [USB
Audio]
    Subdevices: 0/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  card 1: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ID 892 Analog [ID 892 Analog]
    Subdevices: 0/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  card 1: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 1: ID 892 Digital [ID 892 Digital]
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  card 2: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
    Subdevices: 0/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  card 2: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 7: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  card 2: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 8: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  card 2: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 9: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

  And default.pa:

  #!/usr/bin/pulseaudio -nF
  #
  # This file is part of PulseAudio.
  #
  # PulseAudio is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
  # under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by
  # the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
  # (at your option) any later version.
  #
  # PulseAudio is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
  # WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
  # MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU
  # General Public License for more details.
  #
  # You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public License
  # along with PulseAudio; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation,
  # Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA.

  # This startup script is used only if PulseAudio is started per-user
  # (i.e. not in system mode)

  .nofail

  ### Load something into the sample cache
  #load-sample-lazy x11-bell /usr/share/sounds/gtk-events/activate.wav
  #load-sample-lazy pulse-hotplug /usr/share/sounds/startup3.wav
  #load-sample-lazy pulse-coldplug /usr/share/sounds/startup3.wav
  #load-sample-lazy pulse-access /usr/share/sounds/generic.wav

  .fail

  ### Automatically restore the volume of streams and devices
  load-module module-device-restore
  load-module module-stream-restore
  load-module module-card-restore

  ### Automatically augment property information from .desktop files
  ### stored in /usr/share/application
  load-module module-augment-properties

  ### Should be after module-*-restore but before module-*-detect
  load-module module-switch-on-port-available

  ### Load audio drivers statically
  ### (it's probably better to not load these drivers manually, but instead
  ### use module-udev-detect -- see below -- for doing this automatically)
  #load-module module-alsa-sink
  #load-module module-alsa-source device=hw:1,0
  #load-module module-oss device="/dev/dsp" sink_name=output source_name=input
  #load-module module-oss-mmap device="/dev/dsp" sink_name=output
source_name=input
  #load-module module-null-sink
  #load-module module-pipe-sink

  ### Automatically load driver modules depending on the hardware available
  ### manually added tsched=0 to fix problem of audio cutting out
  .ifexists module-udev-detect.so
  load-module module-udev-detect
  .else
  ### Use the static hardware detection module (for systems that lack udev
support)
  load-module module-detect
  .endif

  ### Automatically connect sink and source if JACK server is present
  .ifexists module-jackdbus-detect.so
  .nofail
  load-module module-jackdbus-detect channels=2
  .fail
  .endif

  ### Automatically load driver modules for Bluetooth hardware
  .ifexists module-bluetooth-policy.so
  load-module module-bluetooth-policy
  .endif

  .ifexists module-bluetooth-discover.so
  load-module module-bluetooth-discover
  .endif

  ### Load several protocols
  .ifexists module-esound-protocol-unix.so
  load-module module-esound-protocol-unix
  .endif
  load-module module-native-protocol-unix

  ### Network access (may be configured with paprefs, so leave this commented
  ### here if you plan to use paprefs)
  #load-module module-esound-protocol-tcp
  #load-module module-native-protocol-tcp
  #load-module module-zeroconf-publish

  ### Load the RTP receiver module (also configured via paprefs, see above)
  #load-module module-rtp-recv

  ### Load the RTP sender module (also configured via paprefs, see above)
  #load-module module-null-sink sink_name=rtp format=s16be channels=2
rate=44100 sink_properties="device.description='RTP Multicast Sink'"
  #load-module module-rtp-send source=rtp.monitor

  ### Load additional modules from GConf settings. This can be configured with
the paprefs tool.
  ### Please keep in mind that the modules configured by paprefs might conflict
with manually
  ### loaded modules.
  .ifexists module-gconf.so
  .nofail
  load-module module-gconf
  .fail
  .endif

  ### Automatically restore the default sink/source when changed by the user
  ### during runtime
  ### NOTE: This should be loaded as early as possible so that subsequent
modules
  ### that look up the default sink/source get the right value
  load-module module-default-device-restore

  ### Automatically move streams to the default sink if the sink they are
  ### connected to dies, similar for sources
  load-module module-rescue-streams

  ### Make sure we always have a sink around, even if it is a null sink.
  load-module module-always-sink

  ### Honour intended role device property
  load-module module-intended-roles

  ### Automatically suspend sinks/sources that become idle for too long
  #Commented out to prevent sound from cutting out
  #load-module module-suspend-on-idle

  ### If autoexit on idle is enabled we want to make sure we only quit
  ### when no local session needs us anymore.
  .ifexists module-console-kit.so
  load-module module-console-kit
  .endif
  .ifexists module-systemd-login.so
  load-module module-systemd-login
  .endif

  ### Enable positioned event sounds
  load-module module-position-event-sounds

  ### Cork music/video streams when a phone stream is active
  load-module module-role-cork

  ### Modules to allow autoloading of filters (such as echo cancellation)
  ### on demand. module-filter-heuristics tries to determine what filters
  ### make sense, and module-filter-apply does the heavy-lifting of
  load-module module-filter-heuristics
  load-module module-filter-apply

  ### Load DBus protocol
  .ifexists module-dbus-protocol.so
  load-module module-dbus-protocol
  .endif

  # X11 modules should not be started from default.pa so that one daemon
  # can be shared by multiple sessions.

  ### Load X11 bell module
  #load-module module-x11-bell sample=bell-windowing-system

  ### Register ourselves in the X11 session manager
  #load-module module-x11-xsmp

  ### Publish connection data in the X11 root window
  #.ifexists module-x11-publish.so
  #.nofail
  #load-module module-x11-publish
  #.fail
  #.endif

  ### Make some devices default
  #set-default-sink output
  #set-default-source input

  ### Added to turn off timer-based scheduling
  #load-module module-udev-detect tsched=0