Architecture: amd64
Date: Thu Nov 21 21:11:43 2013
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 13.04 "Raring Ringtail" - Release amd64 (20130424)
MarkForUpload: True
SourcePackage: unity-greeter
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to saucy on 2013-10-27 (25 days ago)

** Affects: unity-greeter (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amd64 apport-bug saucy

Packages, which is subscribed to unity-greeter in Ubuntu.

  Screensaver doesn't come on at login screen

Status in “unity-greeter” package in Ubuntu:

  I have discovered that the screen-saver doesn't ever come on (i.e. to
  blank the screen) while the computer is sitting at the login screen.

  I have googled and found various methods of changing display settings
  for the login screen, such as background wallpaper, although many of
  these apply to older versions of Ubuntu. The most relevant thing I
  found was instructions for using running gconf-editor as lightdm user,
  and editing unity-greeter settings. However there were no unity-
  greeter settings that I could see to control screen-dimming.

  The screen-saver is an important energy-saving feature.

  Package: unity-greeter 13.10.3-0ubuntu1
  ApportVersion: 2.12.5-0ubuntu2.1