Public bug reported:

When running Onboard with at-spi2 support, I can reproduce a crash of
libatspi2 and Onboard in Ubuntu Saucy and Ubuntu Trusty by doing the
following manipulation in the media manager called MediaElch.

In fact, when I tell MediaElch to search for information about the
selected movie on the internet, it opens a window where it shows
possible matches that it found and I have to click on the correct movie
to get the corresponding information. However, by doing so, MediaElch
not only downloads the information, but the on-screen keyboard Onboard
also crashes.

It seems while processing a "object:state-changed:focused" message
AtspiEvent.source is NULL and atspi-event-listener.c doesn't expect that
to happen in multiple places. Onboard could indirectly be the cause,
perhaps due to the asynchronous event processing, but the crash
ultimately happens in libatspi2.

I am attaching a backtrace of the crash to this bug thread.

Thanks in advance for looking at it.

** Affects: at-spi2-core (Ubuntu)

** Attachment added: "gdblog.txt"
   https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1253670/+attachment/3914177/+files/gdblog.txt

Packages, which is subscribed to at-spi2-core in Ubuntu.

  Crash because "object:state-changed:focused" message AtspiEvent.source
  is NULL and atspi-event-listener.c doesn't expect that

Status in “at-spi2-core” package in Ubuntu: