This bug renders vinagre unusable, paticularly when one of the monitors
is verically oriented.

Packages, which is subscribed to vinagre in Ubuntu.

  Remote Desktop Viewer with "Full Screen" option uses combined screen
  size of BOTH monitors, not the active monitor

Status in “vinagre” package in Ubuntu:

  When attempting to use Remote Desktop Viewer, if I do not click full
  screen, the remote screen is limited to a very small portion of  my
  screen (something like 640x480).  If I check the "fullscreen" button
  under "Connection options", however, then it uses the combined
  resolution of both monitors, which causes me to have to do a LOT of
  scrolling.  In previous implementations (I used it a lot last year,
  probably 11.04 or 10.11) it new to limit full screen mode to the
  existing screen.

  NOTE:  When you hit the expand to full screen button, the WINDOW still
  knows to only expand to the current monitor's dimensions.  This bug is
  only for connecting with "Fullscreen" checked, and for how it makes
  the remote screen too large.