Thanks for reporting this bug and any supporting documentation. Since
this bug has enough information provided for a developer to begin work,
I'm going to mark it as confirmed and let them handle it from here.
Thanks for taking the time to make Ubuntu better!

This seems like a regression of bug #848968

Best Regards
    NikTh

** Changed in: evolution (Ubuntu)

** Tags added: regression-release

Packages, which is subscribed to evolution in Ubuntu.

  reminders of past events showing up after adding google calendar in
  evolution

Status in “evolution” package in Ubuntu:

  Ubuntu 13.10 x86_64
  Evolution 3.8.4

  I just installed evolution and added google calendar in it. It started
  showing reminders of all past events after downloading the calendar.
  It shows reminder for each and every past event instead of showing
  only upcoming events as per appropriate time.

  Steps to reproduce:
  1. Add google calendar in evolution.

  Expected result:
  Calendar should be added and event reminders should come as and when upcoming
events approach.

  Actual result:
  Shows reminders of all past events immediately. Putting lot of load on system.

  Package: evolution 3.8.4-0ubuntu1
  NonfreeKernelModules: wl
  ApportVersion: 2.12.5-0ubuntu2.1
  Architecture: amd64