Because I don't seem to get help here soon I just tried the following:

cd /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
ln -s libudev.so libudev.so.0

and it seems to work. This strongly suggests, that one of the packages
involved was not compiled correctly.

Packages, which is subscribed to libav in Ubuntu.

  avconv does not work - libudev.so.0 not found though installed

Status in “libav” package in Ubuntu:

  Hi Ubuntu-Team,

  I installed  avconv over package ffmpeg
(ffmpeg_0.8.8-0ubuntu0.13.10.1_amd64.deb) but it crashes immediately with an
unresolved library dependency on libudev.so.0.
  I tried to install that libary several ways to resolve the problem, but it
didn't work.

  Package libudev1 is installed in version
  libudev1_204-0ubuntu19_amd64.deb according apt-cache show libudev1.

  Regards
  Jürgen

  #lsb_release -rd
  Release:      13.10

  Package: ffmpeg 6:0.8.8-0ubuntu0.13.10.1
  ApportVersion: 2.12.5-0ubuntu2.1
  Architecture: amd64