Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
Ubuntu better. The issue you are reporting is an upstream one and it
would be nice if somebody having it could send the bug to the developers
of the software by following the instructions at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Upstream/GNOME. If you have done so, please
tell us the number of the upstream bug (or the link), so we can add a
bugwatch that will inform us about its status. Thanks in advance.

** Changed in: nautilus (Ubuntu)

  "Ejecting" USB (ex. Camera) doesn't offer to empty Trash

Status in “nautilus” package in Ubuntu:

  I have Lubuntu 13.10 (originally 12.04). I added Nautilus, so that I could
have it show date/time for photos under the thumbnails, so I can easily group
them.
  [The current version does not have the option of selecting the type of date
displayed under the thumbnails in the preferences, so I had to install Nemo,
which is based on an earlier version of Nautilus, and still can.   I retained
Nautilus, for some reason, and the bug is true for both apps. ]

  When I copy photos from my USB-attached camera, I send them to trash when I
am satisfied the copy was successful.
  When I had regular Ubuntu (various versions prior to 12.04) and clicked on
"Eject" or "Safely remove drive", or whatever, I was asked whether or not I
wished to empty the trash or not.

  At some point in Nautilus' development, some things changed.
  Now, there is only one option: Eject (or the equivilent clicking on the eject
 icon next to the device name).
  Now, when I select "Eject" or click on the icon, I am NOT asked if I want to
empty the trash. I have repeatedly attached/removed the camera and tried both
the context item and icon, but am not asked about the trash.
  I have to separately "select all" files in the two Trash sub-directories and
click shift-del (and confirm that I wish to permanently delete the files).
  Why is Nautilus not asking me if I want to empty the trash?

  [Awhile ago, there was some discussion about the USB removal options
  that used to be present: "Eject", "Safely Remove Drive", and I think
  there might have also been a third one.  I imagine the consensus was
  that having multiple options for essentially (literally?) the same
  operation was probably confusing to the user, and therefore the
  options were reduced to "Eject".  Am I correct?  The Trash ought to be
  emptied, in any case...]

  scott@scott-ASUS-M2N68-AM-PLUS:~$ lsb_release -a
  No LSB modules are available.
  Distributor ID:       Ubuntu
  Release:      13.10
  Codename:     saucy
  scott@scott-ASUS-M2N68-AM-PLUS:~$ nautilus --version
  GNOME nautilus 3.8.2

  Package: nautilus 1:3.8.2-0ubuntu2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.11.0-13.20~ppa1-generic-tuxonice 3.11.6
  Uname: Linux 3.11.0-13-generic-tuxonice i686
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.12.5-0ubuntu2.1
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Sat Nov 30 11:48:52 2013
  GsettingsChanges: b'org.gnome.nautilus.window-state' b'maximized' b'true'
  InstallationMedia: Lubuntu 13.10 "Saucy Salamander" - Release i386
(20131016.1)
  MarkForUpload: True
  SourcePackage: nautilus
  modified.conffile..etc.xdg.autostart.nautilus.autostart.desktop: [deleted]
  usr_lib_nautilus:
   evince        3.10.0-0ubuntu2
   file-roller   3.10.1-0ubuntu1
   gnome-mplayer 1.0.8-2