Public bug reported:

1) Ubuntu version: Kubuntu 13.10
2) Package version:
ibus 1.5.3-6ubuntu2

3) What you expected to happen
    [1] Right click the ibus icon on the System Tray.
    [2] Click "Preference".
    [3] Preference dialog opens.
4) What happened instead
    [1] Right click the ibus icon on the System Tray.
    [2] Click "Preference".
    [3] Nothing happened. Preference dialog didn't open.

5) The solution
Install gir1.2-gtk-2.0.

6) Details
When I execute ibus-setup instead of opening the preference dialog from GUI, I
got following output:

$ ibus-setup
ERROR:root:Could not find any typelib for Gtk
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/ibus/setup/main.py", line 29, in <module>
    from gi.repository import Gtk
ImportError: cannot import name Gtk

I searched and found that gi.repository.Gtk is included in
gir1.2-gtk-2.0 package.

Please add gir1.2-gtk-2.0 to the dependency list of ibus.

Package: ibus 1.5.3-6ubuntu2
ApportVersion: 2.12.5-0ubuntu2.1
Architecture: amd64