Bug #1259562 is possibly related.

Packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  Uses system user UID range for guest user

Status in Light Display Manager:
  Triaged
Status in “lightdm” package in Ubuntu:

  lightdm creates guest users with adduser --system (or an equivalent),
  i. e. creates system user IDs < 500. This is less likely to conflict
  with LDAP etc. setups, but does cause issues like crash reports from
  the guest session being reported as "system errors" by apport to admin
  users. It might also cause some other unexpected permission issues
  where a privilege is granted only to system, but not to human users.

  I think we should change the call to create guest users in the uid >=
  500 range, i. e. drop --system.