** Description changed:

  Currently we try to offload graphics rendering to the discrete NVIDIA
  GPU when we detect systems with an Intel integrated GPU and an NVIDIA
  discrete card regardless of whether the computer is a desktop or a
  laptop.

- While this is a perfectly desirable feature on a
+ While this is a perfectly desirable feature on a laptop, where the
+ internal display is always driven by the integrated GPU, on a desktop
+ system, users will probably add a discrete card to get better
+ performance and connect the monitor to it (instead of using the
+ integrated card). This will result in a black screen on boot because the
+ xserver will expect the monitor to be connected to the Intel card. Users
+ should disable the Intel card from the BIOS instead.
+
+ For this reason, Jockey should check that it's dealing with a laptop
+ before suggesting the installation of the NVIDIA drivers on systems with
+ hybrid graphics. This also affects the Ubuntu installer, where the
+ NVIDIA driver is installed by default.

** Also affects: jockey (Ubuntu Precise)

** Changed in: jockey (Ubuntu Precise)
    Milestone: None => ubuntu-12.04.4

** Changed in: jockey (Ubuntu Precise)

** Changed in: jockey (Ubuntu Precise)

** Changed in: jockey (Ubuntu Precise)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Alberto Milone (albertomilone)

** Changed in: jockey (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to jockey in Ubuntu.

  Jockey should not make NVIDIA Optimus available on the desktop

Status in “jockey” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “jockey” source package in Precise:
  In Progress

Bug description: