Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: nautilus (Ubuntu)

  Permanently deleting a file in Nautilus returns to focus to the first
  file in the directory

Status in “nautilus” package in Ubuntu:

  When I press Shift+Delete to permanently delete a file (or several
  files) in Nautilus, the focus is returned to the very first file in
  the directory. This is not what I expect. The focus should move to the
  next file, as it does when the files are moved to the Trash (Delete
  button).

  Ubuntu 13.10, fresh install.