Still present on 13.10

Packages, which is subscribed to gst-plugins-base0.10 in Ubuntu.

  Disabling subtitles hangs Totem

Status in Totem Movie Player:
  Fix Released
Status in “gst-plugins-base0.10” package in Ubuntu:

  I'm using Totem 1.4.0-0ubuntu2 on Dapper, with the default Gstreamer
  backend.

  When I play an AVI file, the associated SRT subtitles play
  automatically. When I disable the subtitles with View > Subtitles >
  None, Totem crashes.

  However, it doesn't crash immediately. The video keeps playing, but
  the rest of the interface is unresponsive (the slider stops moving,
  time doesn't update, buttons don't highlight, etc.)

  In this unresponsive state, one more subtitle is shown. When it is
  time for that subtitle to disappear, Totem shows an "Internal data
  flow error." and stops playing the video. At this point I can't do
  anything except close Totem.

  This problem doesn't occur with the Xine backend.