That's quite bizarre since the GPU on the two processors is identical
(more or less). Can you attach your Xorg.0.log from both machines?

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-intel in Ubuntu.

  Doesn't work on i5-4670 but works for i7-4770

Status in “xserver-xorg-video-intel” package in Ubuntu:

  Hi,

  I'm having problems with i5 opengl graphics.  It seems to not work for
i5-4670 but works for i7-4770.
  Even though in the specs they both have HD4600 graphics.

  To reproduce...
  * Run the genymotion android emulator.
  * Then I run this
game(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kabam.doamobile&hl=en).
  I get a blank top and bottom section in the app and various things in the
main section is missing too.
  The game is written in Unity3d.  So it may affect other Unity3d apps too.

  Happens on...
  * I have two i5-4670 CPUs and they have the same problem.
  * I've tried it on Ubuntu 13.10 and Ubuntu 13.04, same problem.
  * There is no problem with an i7-4770 CPU, using the same motherboard.
  * It works on Radeon and nVidia cards.

  Are there any settings that I can try out to fix this?

  The software is here...
  https://app.box.com/s/8u3rmepuc32coxu5rwwy
  * Uncompress genymotion_x64.tar.bz2 anywhere and run the genymotion file.
  * Unzip dot_genymotion.tar.bz2 to your home directory.
  * Create new emulator and install the game.

  Thank you.