sudodus, this bug was reported a while ago and there hasn't been any
activity in it recently. We were wondering if this is still an issue? If
so, could you please test for this with the latest development release
of Ubuntu? ISO images are available from http://cdimage.ubuntu.com
/daily-live/current/ .

If it remains an issue, could you please run the following command in
the development release from a Terminal
(Applications->Accessories->Terminal), as it will automatically gather
and attach updated debug information to this report:

apport-collect -p xorg-server REPLACE-WITH-BUG-NUMBER

Please note, given that the information from the prior release is
already available, doing this on a release prior to the development one
would not be helpful.

Thank you for your understanding.

Helpful bug reporting tips:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReportingBugs

** Changed in: xorg-server (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: xorg-server (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg-server in Ubuntu.

  [Nexus7] Xorg crashed with SIGSEGV in __memcpy_ssse3_rep (from
  sna_video_overlay_set_port_attribute(): guvcview crashed when changing
  resolution of a picture

Status in “xorg-server” package in Ubuntu:

  I was testing Lubuntu Nexus 7 session in a persistent live system.

  First I noticed that it works with the built in camera :-)

  Then I noticed that the default setting (to save a jpeg picture)
  creates a bad picture file, that cannot be read by gpicview. Work-
  around: save a png picture. I suggest that the default setting is
  changed until the jpeg bug is fixed.

  Finally a changed the resolution to 1280x720 which worked. But when I
  changed back to the default 640x480, the program crashed the system
  and sent me back to the log in screen.

  #7  0xb774543e in FatalError (f=f@entry=0xb776d3c4 "Caught signal %d (%s).
Server aborting\n")
      at ../../os/log.c:793
          args = 0xbfbb8024 "\v"
          args2 = 0xbfbb8024 "\v"
          beenhere = 1
  #8  0xb773cee8 in OsSigHandler (sip=0xbfbb804c, signo=11, unused=<optimized
out>)
      at ../../os/osinit.c:146
  #9  OsSigHandler (signo=11, sip=0xbfbb804c, unused=0xbfbb80cc) at
../../os/osinit.c:107
  #10 <signal handler called>
  #11 __memcpy_ssse3_rep () at
../sysdeps/i386/i686/multiarch/memcpy-ssse3-rep.S:1289
  #12 0xb6f27892 in sna_video_overlay_set_port_attribute (scrn=0xb4bb4478,
attribute=614400,
      value=614400, data=0xbfbb860c) at ../../../src/sna/sna_video_overlay.c:237
          sna = 0x460
          video = 0xbfbb860c

  ProblemType: Crash
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 13.04
  Package: xserver-xorg-core 2:1.13.3-0ubuntu5
  Uname: Linux 3.8.0-17-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 2.9.2-0ubuntu5
  Architecture: i386
  CasperVersion: 1.330