Hi, thank you for your response.
I do not posses hardware anymore, so can not personally do more testing on that
hardware.

If it could help, i think I remember using later versions of XUbuntu on that
hardware
and don't remember I could not use it.

So it is to someone else to test it further and up to you to retract this bug
report,
since original poster (me) is unable to test it anymore, due to hardware
absence.
Thank you.

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-ati in Ubuntu.

  Xorg/Radeon driver freezed after an hour of playing flash videos

Status in “xserver-xorg-video-ati” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: xserver-xorg-video-ati

  Motherboard is with Amd 690G int. graphics, (x1250) and Xubuntu 10.04
  LTS 64-bit.

  I was playing flash you tube videos inside Firefox (about 20 of them
  one by one) and suddenly, mouse started to move slowly, Hard disc
  started to work and I after few seconds, lost control over desktop.
  (even when I was turning numlock on and off, it was slowly.

  I could not log into console since it was spitting radeon driver errors
  I could only (slowly) log in with ssh to it, to see with top that Xorg is
using 100% cpu, after that, i kulled firefox with pkill and still it was Xorg
locked. (Ctrl+Alt+F7 could not switch back to X).
  Then I killed gsm with sudo and Xorg process but again, could not log in to
console anymore, but console stopped spitting radeon errors.
  So I halt it and reboot it and post this bug.

  Package: xserver-xorg-video-radeon 1:6.13.0-1ubuntu5
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.32-23.37-generic 2.6.32.15+drm33.5