Currently active BIOS version is A07.

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-ati in Ubuntu.

  Resume with two displays gives scrambled pixels on only one display

Status in “xserver-xorg-video-ati” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: xserver-xorg-video-ati

  I use two monitor connected via DVI. After suspend to ram and resume,
  the picture on only one display gets scrambled and unusable.

  Some Facts:
  - Everthing runs as expected, but the left display show a picture looking
like every fourth pixel is displayed, and the ones in between have the values
of their neighbor. The picture is updated and flickerfree. I can attach a foto
if it helps..

  - Taking a screenshot gives a normal picture.

  - Disabling KMS by passing radeon.modeset=0 to the kernel solves the
  problem. I attach 2 dmesg outputs of the resume sequence. Note that
  with modeset=0 "[drm] Resetting GPU" is output, while with KMS it is
  not.

  - It occurs only if using the 2 monitors in "big desktop" mode.

  - logging out an back in solves it

  - fglrx (i used it until lucid) had the same issue. It was silently
  fixed around version 10.2.

  - Hibernation doesn't work too. It ends up in gdm after resuming.
  Maybe X crashes, but thats another story.

  Package: xserver-xorg-video-ati 1:6.13.0-1ubuntu5
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.32-22.33-generic 2.6.32.11+drm33.2