Now I'm running Ubuntu 13.04 and XBMC 12.3 with the same hw and I don't
experience anymore the problem.
You can close the bug for me.

Thank's a lot for xbmc, it's a great pieace of sw, I use it every day!!!!!!!
Bye
Mauro

** Changed in: xserver-xorg-video-ati (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-ati in Ubuntu.

  Display corrupted exiting from XBMC

Status in “xserver-xorg-video-ati” package in Ubuntu:

  When I exit from xbmc display is corrupted

[url=http://postimage.org/image/30fo3whgk/][img]http://s2.postimage.org/30fo3whgk/IMAG0527.jpg[/img][/url]

  this is my conf:
  cpu - amd athlon II X4 600e
  mb - gygabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H (880g int graphics)
  ram - 4gb

  natty 32 bit proposed (fresh install, gnome classic no effects and unity same
problem)
  xbmc 10.1 installed from ppa (both confluence and pm3.hd)
  xbmc.log http://pastebin.com/gcdDjN3f
  crash log http://pastebin.com/xWPdDh7J

  the problem was not affecting maverick

  thanks in advance