The Catalan, this bug was reported a while ago and there hasn't been any
activity in it recently. We were wondering if this is still an issue? If
so, could you please test for this with the latest development release
of Ubuntu? ISO images are available from http://cdimage.ubuntu.com
/daily-live/current/ .

If it remains an issue, could you please run the following command in
the development release from a Terminal
(Applications->Accessories->Terminal), as it will automatically gather
and attach updated debug information to this report:

apport-collect -p xserver-xorg-input-synaptics REPLACE-WITH-BUG-NUMBER

Please note, given that the information from the prior release is
already available, doing this on a release prior to the development one
would not be helpful.

Thank you for your understanding.

Helpful bug reporting tips:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReportingBugs

** Summary changed:

- Brightness is not saved and touchpad stops working after some minutes
+ Touchpad stops working after some minutes

** Description changed:

- ACER 6930G and that happens me with Ubuntu 11.04, 11.10 and Linux Mint
- 12 (brightness issue only). Is very annoying, because I did a startup
- script to up the brightness to the maximum like on Linux mint (it worked
- there) but here sometimes the script is loades and other times no,
- that's very strange!
-
- I googled a lot for the brightness issue and touchpad and I didn't found
- any solution...help please.
+ ACER 6930G and that happens me with Ubuntu 11.04, 11.10 I googled a lot
+ for the touchpad and I didn't found any solution...help please.

  Package: checkbox 0.12.8
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.0.0-13.22-generic-pae 3.0.6
  Uname: Linux 3.0.0-13-generic-pae i686
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu4
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Sat Dec 10 11:18:22 2011
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric Ocelot" - Release i386 (20111012)
  ProcEnviron:
-  PATH=(custom, no user)
-  LANG=en_US.UTF-8
-  SHELL=/bin/bash
+  PATH=(custom, no user)
+  LANG=en_US.UTF-8
+  SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: checkbox
- ---
+ ---
  ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu4
  Architecture: i386
  DistroCodename: oneiric
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 11.10
  DistroVariant: ubuntu
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric Ocelot" - Release i386 (20111012)
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  Package: xorg 1:7.6+7ubuntu7
  PackageArchitecture: i386
  ProcEnviron:
-  PATH=(custom, no user)
-  LANG=en_US.UTF-8
-  SHELL=/bin/bash
+  PATH=(custom, no user)
+  LANG=en_US.UTF-8
+  SHELL=/bin/bash
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.0.0-14.23-generic-pae 3.0.9
  Tags:  oneiric running-unity ubuntu
  Uname: Linux 3.0.0-14-generic-pae i686
  UnreportableReason: Please work this issue through technical support channels
first.
  UserGroups: adm admin cdrom dialout lpadmin plugdev sambashare

** Changed in: xserver-xorg-input-synaptics (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: xserver-xorg-input-synaptics (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-synaptics in Ubuntu.

  Touchpad stops working after some minutes

Status in “xserver-xorg-input-synaptics” package in Ubuntu: