Unfortunately kmozillahelper is no longer used in recent version of
Kubuntu.

** Changed in: kmozillahelper (Ubuntu)

  KDE file picker called by GTK apps gives spurious overwrite warning,
  instead of navigating, when selecting a directory

Status in One Hundred Papercuts:
  Incomplete
Status in “kmozillahelper” package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix
Status in “libreoffice” package in Ubuntu:

  I am using Kubuntu Natty. My LibreOffice automatically comes with KDE
  integration in the form of the libreoffice-kde package which provides
  a KDE file picker. I have also installed firefox-kde-support to allow
  my manually installed Firefox to use the KDE file picker. Both these
  GTK applications when integrated with KDE show this error:

  1. Create a temporary directory just for testing: mkdir /tmp/foo
  2. Open a webpage in KDE or a file in LibreOffice.
  3. Open the Save As dialog -- you should get the KDE file picker.
  4. In the "Name" box enter /tmp/foo and press Enter.

  Actual Result:
  It throws a warning asking whether I want to overwrite /tmp/foo. This warning
is out of place because /tmp/foo is a directory and my typing it into the
address field and pressing Enter is clearly telling the dialog box to open that
directory in the folder pane. This is how the Save As box of *all other KDE
applications* handles it.

  Expected Result:
  Other KDE applications (I tested Kate and Okteta) do NOT throw such a warning
as they detect /tmp/foo is a directory and simply open it in the directory pane.

  I am filing this bug against the source packages kmozillahelper and
  libreoffice.