Binary package hint: myspell-hu

There is a bug in the Enchant spell checker library which prevents the
spell checker module in KDE 4.x from finding the requested "hu_HU_u8"
dictionary. Enchant incorrectly converts the dictionary tag to uppercase
starting from the first underscore, so the MySpell/Hunspell submodule in
Enchant is actually trying to find "hu_HU_U8".

A quick fix would be adding two symbolic links to the myspell-hu package
(it works for me):

"hu_HU_U8.aff" should link to "hu_HU_u8.aff" and
"hu_HU_U8.dic" should link to "hu_HU_u8.dic".

The real solution would be fixing it in Enchant itself as it may cause trouble
for other dictionaries too.
The bug is in src/enchant.c within the Enchant package, near the end of the
enchant_normalize_dictionary_tag function.

> /* everything before first '_' is converted to lower case */
>       if ((needle = strchr (new_tag, '_')) != NULL) {
>                       enchant_ascii_strdown(new_tag, needle - new_tag);
>                       ++needle;
>                       /* everything after first '_' is converted to upper
> case */
>                       enchant_ascii_strup(needle, -1);
>    <---- This is not correct
>               }
>       else {
>                       enchant_ascii_strdown(new_tag, -1);
>               }

If there is a second underscore in the string, only the substring
between the first and second underscore should be converted to upper
case.  So the fix would look like this (I DIDN'T test it):

char* needle2;

if ((needle2 = strchr(needle, '_')) != NULL)
  enchant_ascii_strup(needle, needle2 - needle);
else
  enchant_ascii_strup(needle, -1);

I was using the Kubuntu 9.04 beta.

** Affects: enchant (Ubuntu)

The spell checker in KDE4 can't find the hu_HU_u8 MySpell dictionary
Packages, which is subscribed to enchant in Ubuntu.