Hi

> > > @Stephan Bergmann: Bryan Berndt explained his problem at comment 19.
> >
> > Ah, right.  So /if/ he doesn't have gnome-vfs2-smb package installed, his
> > findings in comment 30 would be consistent with my findings in comment 20.
> >
> > Bryan, can you please clarify?
>
> Sorry, been away for a while. And Just added myself to the CC list, so I can
> try to keep up.
>
> Im now on Fedora 20, x64, and using Libre Office 4.1.4.  problem still
> exists, as explained in comment 19. Though, the failure is MUCH faster, less
> than a second.
>
> The fix in comment 15 still works, as well.
>
> I use KDE, gnome-vfs2-smb is NOT installed.

works fine using lo 4.1.4 shipped with fc20. Would you provide the "ps
aux" o/p , after trying to open the document ( without the c#15
workaround).

I personally prefer this (c#15). Is there a reason we do not do delegate
this to gvfs/kio backend by default ?

__self:
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KioFuse
https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/KioGioBridge

Packages, which is subscribed to glib2.0 in Ubuntu.

  GUINT32/64_SWAP_LE_BE macros do not enclose val argument in
  parentheses

Status in LibreOffice Productivity Suite:
  Confirmed
Status in The "G" Library - GLib:
  Fix Released
Status in “glib2.0” package in Ubuntu:

  On 12.04 LTS precise GUINT32/64_SWAP_LE_BE macros do not enclose val argument
in parentheses, causing trouble down the stack in gvfs and LibreOffice (and
possibly in lots of obscure bugs elsewhere).
  There is a patch available, but as this touches the header, it needs a full
recompile of rdepends.
  see: https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2013-March/180302.html
ff. for details