** Changed in: activity-log-manager (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: activity-log-manager

Packages, which is subscribed to activity-log-manager in Ubuntu.

  Privacy settings don't affect Gnome recently-used list.

Status in Privacy Manager for Zeitgeist:
  Fix Committed
Status in “activity-log-manager” package in Ubuntu:

  Blocking directories or apps, or clearing the history entirely in the
  Privacy settings pane does not prevent files in those directories or
  opened by those applications from appearing in the Gnome "Recent
  Files" list in file open/save dialogs. This second log is stored in
  "~/.local/share/recently-used.xbel".

  While I accept that the activity log manager cannot control the
  monitoring of each individual program, I expected that it would
  control the *global* recent files list.

  Short term: If there is no way to offer the same control, maybe an
  option to disable it (writing "gtk-recent-files-max-age=0" to
  ~/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini apparently does that) with an
  appropriate notice. Also, clearing the zeitgeist history should clear
  the recently-used history.

  Noteworthy: in my searches to make sure my bug report was original, I
  came across a few people who had the complaint about the "Recent
  Files" list and I saw a number of replies telling them to use the
  Privacy pane.