Can't anyone at least confirm this ? this is very Dangerous for the ears
of the user !!

Packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  Replugging a Usb headphone does not restore the previous output and
  level

Status in “pulseaudio” package in Ubuntu:

  ubuntu 12.04.2 (Upgraded from ubuntu 12.04.1 )

  How to reproduce the problem:

  - Plug a USB headset, select it in the sound prefs  and set the
  volume.

  - Unplug/replug the headset

  - Open the sound preferences : the headset is not selected but the
  sound is output through the usb headset at maximum volume.

  This killed my ears several times, I'm almost deaf now ....