I had a similar crash with the same assertion fail when changing volume
with pavucontrol.

I removed ~/.pulse/ and haven't had the same problem anymore. As always,
you should still make a backup before deleting that directory.

Packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  Assertion 'de = pa_hashmap_get(u->dbus_entries, name)' failed at
  modules/module-stream-restore.c:1400, function subscribe_callback().
  Aborting.

Status in “pulseaudio” package in Ubuntu:

  I'm using Ubuntu 13.10 and "pulseaudio4.0ubuntu6". The problem is when
  I try the change the volume from player pulseaudio gives out an error
  dialog, an error information in log file and aborts itself. Then
  player stops playing, after I play the song again it plays but the
  volume slider becomes uneffective. This happens on every player.

  Note: Before I upgrade Ubuntu 12.04 into 13.10, I had no problems with
  PulseAudio.

  Note 2: In the log, I used Tomahawk for reproduce the problem and it
  give out same result of Rhythmbox and other ones. But when I use ALSA
  there is no problem with any of them.

  This is really annoying me.