** Changed in: xserver-xorg-video-intel (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-intel in Ubuntu.

  Greeter shows in secondary monitor mode when only one monitor

Status in “xserver-xorg-video-intel” package in Ubuntu:

  I am on n Intel Core i5 quad-core PC with Intel's on-Chip graphics.
  Quantal and Raring worked perfectly on this machine. Last Friday (Oct
  18, 2013) I have upgraded to Saucy and the upgrade went smoothly and
  the first boot also worked correctly. Then I stayed logged in during
  the whole weekend. I am not sure but it can be that during that time a
  smaller update happened, but I do not know which packages. Yesterday
  (Sunday) something crashed and I had to reboot.

  Now after the boot LightDM did not come up again. X started and the
  standard background showed up, but instead of the login facility there
  was nothing but a white Ubuntu logo in the center. There was a short
  OSD notification that I am connected to the wired network. Then the
  system was hanging.

  I could switch into text mode and operate in text mode. I could also
  SSH into the system from another machine.

  Intext mode I have stopped the lightdm service, installed GDM and
  started the GDM service, which also hung before getting a login
  facility.

  I can get a Unity desktop via

  export COMPIZ_CONFIG_PROFILE=ubuntu
  startx

  on the text console.

  I also cannot start a Saucy live system (USB stick). It comes to
  starting X and the standard background shows, with a top bar with
  accessibility and network indicator applets (which actually work), but
  the screen stays otherwise empty. The dialogs to enter language and
  keyboard layout do not appear and nothing happens.

  Package: lightdm 1.8.2-0ubuntu1
  Date: Mon Oct 21 22:10:23 2013
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.10 "Quantal Quetzal" - Alpha amd64 (20120724.2)
  LightdmConfig:
   [SeatDefaults]
   user-session=ubuntu
   greeter-session=unity-greeter
  MarkForUpload: True
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: lightdm
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to saucy on 2013-10-17 (4 days ago)