I don't think that the problem is driver or hardware. It seems the problem is X
server/GTK implementation.
After the simple change in /etc/X11/xorg.conf I have found here in comments the
Eclipse had 17 hours uptime with heavy refactoring and then I only turned off
the computer. Eclipse never before lasted so long and GUI was not so fast.

Option  "AccelMethod"   "xaa"

I can't say that the cause is exactly same, but surely helped the same thing.
I don't know who and why thinks that the problem is only with Intel ...?

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-intel in Ubuntu.

  [i965] Java plugin causes massive Xorg CPU usage, fixed with XAA
  (UXA/EXA)

Status in “firefox” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “xserver-xorg-video-intel” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: firefox-3.0

  See #38131 - Java plugins (stable and the .10 beta) cause massive CPU spike
and hang of FireFox UI.
  This goes away when changing from the default 'EXA' to 'XAA' 'AccelMethod' in
Xorg.conf

  ProblemType: Bug
  Architecture: i386