Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu
better. Please execute the following command, as it will automatically gather
debugging information, in a terminal:
apport-collect BUGNUMBER
When reporting bugs in the future please use apport by using 'ubuntu-bug' and
the name of the package affected. You can learn more about this functionality
at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReportingBugs.

** Package changed: ubuntu => lightdm (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: lightdm (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  Unable to switch between users, system hangs on logout

Status in “lightdm” package in Ubuntu:

  Using Ubuntu 13.10, Unity, lightdm, nVidia drivers.

  I added a second user account, after the first time switching between users,
user switching just stopped working.
  If I use the menu and just select another user, most often nothing at all
happens.
  If the screen is locked and I push the switch user button, it looks like it
tries to go back to the login screen, but ends up coming back to the lock
screen.
  For a while I could log out of one user, then log in as another but now that
isn't working either. Selecting logout from the menu will bring up the little
logout or shutdown thing, then after I select logout nothing seems to happen.
If I open a terminal and type gnome-session-quit it says something about how
its not in a running state.

  I currently have to restart the computer to switch users, which is
  really frustrating.