Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: nautilus (Ubuntu)

  Horizontal scrollbar and tooltip shouldn't hide the name of the last
  file

Status in “nautilus” package in Ubuntu:

  If a folder has a lot of files and the last one of them has a long
  name, every time you point the mouse over some file you won't be able
  to see the (full) name of the last file. Moving the mouse to the right
  or to the left over to change the position of the yellow tooltip
  doesn't helps, because it will still hide part of the name. This way,
  it is very difficult e.g. to rename the last file because we can't see
  what we are doing. See the attached screenshot for an example.

  Please improve the usability of nautilus by fixing this issue.

  I'm using Ubuntu 11.10, nautilus 1:3.2.1-0ubuntu4.1.