Andreas Schiffer, this bug report is being closed due to your last
comment https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-
driver/+bug/578342/comments/84 regarding you no longer have the
hardware. For future reference you can manage the status of your own
bugs by clicking on the current status in the yellow line and then
choosing a new status in the revealed drop down box. You can learn more
about bug statuses at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Status. Thank you
again for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu
better. Please submit any future bugs you may find.

** Changed in: alsa-driver (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  [Fujitsu AMILO Xi 1554] Crackling sound with DVD playback on Lucid

Status in “alsa-driver” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: alsa-base

  I have a Fujitsu-Siemens notebook with a HDA-Intel audio card that I first
installed with Feisty Fawn. Since then I have upgraded every half year to the
latest Kubuntu release, and DVD playback was never a problem. Now I have
upgraded from Karmic to Lucid and when playing DVDs the sound crackles like an
old record.
  When I boot into a backup copy of Karmic again, DVD playback is still fine,
so it is not a problem of broken hardware.
  I have tried doing a fresh install of Kubuntu Lucid using the alternate CD,
and the problem also occurs on this fresh installation (the only thing I did
after the installation finished was to install the non-free codecs as proposed
by the dragon video player in order to be able to play DVDs), so it is not an
upgrade problem.

  This crackling sound only occurs on DVD playback, not when playing mp3 and
also not when watching youtube videos. It is independent of the player
software: it occurs with dragon as well as kaffeine as well as vlc. The funny
thing is that – with all players – the crackle sounds occur every now and then
(few seconds) when running the player in windowed mode, but when switching the
player to fullscreen mode, the crackling gets so strong that you can barely
understand speech.

  Turning off compositing and desktop effects does not help.
  Installing "linux-backports-modules-alsa-karmic-generic” and rebooting does
not help.
  Compiling the latest alsa source modules does not help.
  The sound crackles independent of the volume, so it does not only occur with
volume near 100%.
  “dmesg | grep -i hda“ does not reveal any problem.

  Package: alsa-base 1.0.22.1+dfsg-0ubuntu3
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.32-22.33-generic 2.6.32.11+drm33.2
  Uname: Linux 2.6.32-22-generic i686
  AlsaVersion: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.21.
  Architecture: i386
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  schiffer   4388 F.... knotify4
                        schiffer   5403 F.... kmix
                        schiffer  25318 F.... WINWORD.EXE
  Card0.Amixer.info:
   Card hw:0 'Intel'/'HDA Intel at 0xb0000000 irq 22'
     Mixer name : 'Realtek ALC889A'
     Components : 'HDA:10573055,10573055,00100700
HDA:10ec0885,173410ac,00100101'
     Controls      : 45
     Simple ctrls  : 26
  Date: Mon May 10 18:01:21 2010
  PackageArchitecture: all
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=de_DE:de:en_GB:en
   LANG=de_DE.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: alsa-driver
  UserAsoundrc:
   # ALSA library configuration file

   # Include settings that are under the control of asoundconf(1).
   # (To disable these settings, comment out this line.)
   </home/schiffer/.asoundrc.asoundconf>
  dmi.bios.date: 07/19/2007
  dmi.bios.vendor: FUJITSU SIEMENS
  dmi.bios.version: 1.25
  dmi.board.name: AMILO Xi 1554
  dmi.board.vendor: FUJITSU SIEMENS
  dmi.board.version: Not Applicable
  dmi.chassis.asset.tag: Not Applicable
  dmi.chassis.type: 10
  dmi.chassis.vendor: FUJITSU SIEMENS
  dmi.chassis.version: Not Applicable
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnFUJITSUSIEMENS:bvr1.25:bd07/19/2007:svnFUJITSUSIEMENS:pnAMILOXi1554:pvrNotApplicable:rvnFUJITSUSIEMENS:rnAMILOXi1554:rvrNotApplicable:cvnFUJITSUSIEMENS:ct10:cvrNotApplicable:
  dmi.product.name: AMILO Xi 1554
  dmi.product.version: Not Applicable
  dmi.sys.vendor: FUJITSU SIEMENS