Mathieu, can you give us an high level changelog for the new wpa? I'm
mostly interested in potentially user visible features and anything that
may require config changes (if any).

Overall, I do agree that we should get 2.1 for 14.04, it's just
unfortunate that this missed the freeze, so the sooner we get this in
the better (so long as we're fairly sure it's regression free).

Packages, which is subscribed to wpa in Ubuntu.

  [FFE] Upgrade wpa_supplicant from 1.0 to 2.1

Status in “wpa” package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in “wpa” package in Debian:

  New releases of wpa_supplicant are available: 1.1 (released
  2012-11-06) and 2.0 (released 2013-01-12) and 2.1 (released
  2014-02-04).

  2.1 contains a number of bugfixes relevant to frequent disconnects
  some might be seeing on networks where there is a lot of roaming, some
  IBSS (ad-hoc) fixes, etc.

  http://lists.shmoo.com/pipermail/hostap/2014-February/029440.html