Which package implements the new lock screen? The regression is in this
package.

The old screensaver (gnome-screensaver?) used to power the monitor off
as soon you manually activate the lock screen (eg when you press the key
combination to lock the screen).

The new 14.04 screen locker (which package implements this?) does NOT
power the monitor off when you manually activate the lock screen.
Additionally, it blocks the monitor powering off indefinitely
(apparently: I've tested it for more than three hours to show that the
monitor does not turn off) until you enter the password and press the
enter key. At this point, the lock screen restores the normal screen,
and shortly thereafter the monitor is powered off briefly (by gnome-
screensaver?) before immediately turning back on.

If, however, you leave the screen for the configured time before it
powers off, the monitor *does* power off. The regression is only when
you activate the lock screen manually.

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-screensaver in Ubuntu.

  Lockscreen doesn't turn off the screen

Status in Unity:
  Invalid
Status in “gnome-screensaver” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  The new Unity lock screen doesn't turn off the monitor screen.

  I can wait as long as 10 minutes after activating the lock screen and
  the monitor still doesn't trun off. Then when I unlock the screen and
  don't use mouse or keyboard monitor will turn off (it's about 5
  seconds after unlocking).