Andy Fraley, thank you for your comment. So your hardware and problem may be
tracked, could you please file a new report by executing the following in a
terminal:
ubuntu-bug xorg

Please ensure you have xdiagnose installed, and that you click the Yes
button for attaching additional debugging information.

For more on this, please see the official Ubuntu documentation:
Ubuntu X.Org Team, Ubuntu Bug Control, and Ubuntu Bug Squad:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/BestPractices#X.2BAC8-Reporting.Focus_on_One_Issue
Ubuntu Community:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs#Bug_reporting_etiquette

When opening up the new report, please feel free to subscribe me to it.

Please note, not filing a new report will delay your problem being
addressed as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your understanding.

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-intel in Ubuntu.

  triple monitor support not working on HD 4600

Status in X.org xf86-video-intel:
  Fix Released
Status in “xserver-xorg-video-intel” package in Ubuntu:

  I have a Gigabyte GA-H87N-wifi motherboard, which explicitly supports
  3 monitors at the same time from the motherboards' onboard graphics
  (2x HDMI, 1x DVI). The CPU is an Intel 4570S with  HD4600 graphics
  (also supporting 3 heads at the same time).  However, I can only get 2
  monitors (any 2, but not all 3) working. All monitors are identical
  1600x1200 (NEC LCD2070NX).

  The KDE systemsettings GUI helpfully shows icons for all 3 monitors,
  but one is always greyed out, and attempting to enable it emits
  "Failed to set mode: Invalid argument" in Xorg.0.log.  Xrandr compians
  "Configure crtc 2 failed". However, it's clear that the graphics
  hardware can handle 3 outputs, since it refers to "pipe 0, pipe 1 and
  pipe 2" in the logs.

  Google doesn't show anything very helpful, except to warn that in
  older graphics hardware (definitely not this motherboard) there may be
  more output connectors than graphics pipelines, and that in the HD4600
  there are only 2x PLL, so 2 of the monitors need to be identically
  clocked (as they are).

  This also affects the xorg-edgers packages, as of yesterday, so it seems to
be an upstream problem.
  Xorg.0.log attached.

  Thanks for your help - please let me know if there's anything I can do
  to assist in debugging.