Please reply if this is still an issue on a supported release.

** Changed in: pm-utils (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to pm-utils in Ubuntu.

  Resuming from hibernation leads to suspend to ram

Status in “pm-utils” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Hello,

  I am facing the following problem:
  After hibernating my notebook (amilo m7440) I have difficulties with resuming.
  Sometime almost everything works fine.
  In about 10% it doesn't. When I try resuming the following happens:
  After pressing the power button the notebook turns on with a black screen.
  Only a few seconds later the fan turns of and the lights under the screen
indicate, that the notebook has turned to "suspend to ram".

  From this point there are 2 different ways the thing can continue.
  Sometimes everything works fine by pressing the power button (so, it is like
a resume from an immediate suspend to ram);
  In the other cases I have to repeat the procedure several times.

  After being back on the desktop the following error message is shown:
  "An unknown error has occured while suspend to ram. Error code is '1'"..

  Hoping to find any log entries I have checked syslog and Xorg.0.log.
  Both of them didn't gave me a hint for my problem.

  I am using Kubuntu 9.04.

  sudo lsb_release -rd says
  Release:      9.04

  I have attached a screenshot of the original error message.
  Regretfully it is in german, but I have provided the translation for
  the message above.

  Let me know which additional information is needed to get the neck of
  the problem.