Please reply if this is still an issue on a supported release.

** Changed in: pm-utils (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to pm-utils in Ubuntu.

  Lucid Lynx 10.04 LTS pm-hibernate broken on P400 SmartArray RAID on
  DL180G5

Status in “pm-utils” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: pm-utils

  Stock Lucid desktop or server AMD64 (released ~2010/04/28) installed
  on DL180G5 and DL160G5. No special BIOS settings, no special flags
  passed to the kernel beyond what the Lucid installer sets up.

  DL160G5 has SATA disks on motherboard controller. /dev/sda3 is the
  swap partition seen by Linux.

  DL180G5 has a P400 SmartArray RAID controller. Two SATA disks in a
  RAID1 configuration. /dev/cciss/c0d0p2 is the swap partition seen by
  Linux.

  There is a iLO100 IPMI card (with graphic display support) on the
  DL180G5, whereas the DL160G5 has the onboard IPMI card (only serial
  console).

  In case of DL160G5, Gnome menu invoking pm-hibernate works fine (but
  silently --- a status message while storing and loading RAM contents
  would be nicer).

  In case of DL180G5, the graphic screen goes back to text mode, a
  cursor blinks in the north-west, and after every 120 seconds, we get a
  warning of the pm-hibernate task being blocked for more than 120
  seconds.

  I also tried to install and run uswsusp on the DL180G5. In this case
  s2disk successfully consults /dev/snapshot, compacts memory, and then
  gets stuck as it is about to write out the RAM contents. It stays
  stuck at 0% progress for ever.

  Is there established wisdom that pm-hibernate and uswsusp do not work
  with SmartArray RAID controllers? How can I diagnose what's really
  going on?