no, it's neither secure to run that much code (including GUI) under sudo
right nor working right with the user session (the process run with
another uid and with the wrong environment which means basic integration
with the session components is going to fail working since there is not
even a session for the user running the binary)

  nautilus exits when opened using sudo user and properties of a
  file/folder is opened

Status in “nautilus” package in Ubuntu:

  I have a similar problem, when I type the command sudo nautilus
  happens the error below.

  Nautilus opens, closes however if I want to get into any folder
  properties.

  $ sudo nautilus

  (nautilus:7610): Nautilus-Python-WARNING **: g_module_open libpython failed:
/usr/lib/libpython2.7.so.1.0: Não é possivel abrir arquivo de objetos
compartilhado: Arquivo ou diretório não encontrado
  ImportError: could not import gobject (error was:
'/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpyglib-gi-2.0-python2.7.so.0: undefined symbol:
_Py_ZeroStruct')

  (nautilus:7610): Nautilus-Python-WARNING **: pygobject initialization
  failed

  (nautilus:7610): Nautilus-Python-WARNING **:
  nautilus_python_init_python failed

  I want to change the permissions of a folder and subfolders and files,
  however the terminal does not present any error but too does not
  change the permissions. And to change opening the Nautilus happens
  that I reported above.

  My system is Ubuntu 13.04  updated
  My computer is Notebook HP AMD A8 64 bits

  Confirmed that this bug exists on 14.04 release with nautilus version
  3.10.1 but the error message is as follows:

  (nautilus:13221): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to register client:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
org.gnome.SessionManager was not provided by any .service files
  **
  ERROR:nautilus-properties-window.c:1839:schedule_owner_change_timeout:
assertion failed: (NAUTILUS_IS_FILE (file))