I try to burn an image on cd/dvd i try first with Boot disk creator but
no chance because the program was unable to see enough  space on dvd or
cd the space the program was able to see was only 22 Kb, Than I try with
Brasero and everything appear normal but on both time i try Brasero was
stopping after some time telling some error occur and it was no able to
finish the burning after that the two dvd were wasted/kaput

Packages, which is subscribed to unity-settings-daemon in Ubuntu.

  Unable to mount Disco CD-R empty

Status in “unity-settings-daemon” package in Ubuntu:

  i have problems with the empty cd - dvd when open the maximum capacity
  is 22 Kb for empty cd or dvd so when i open the disks creator it does
  not give me the chance to wright on them i am using 14.04 the message
  come out spontaneously when CD- R is inserted I try to use image
  creator the cd is virgin and the same story is for DVD-R

  Package: unity-settings-daemon 14.04.0+14.04.20140310-0ubuntu2
  CurrentDesktop: Unity