** Changed in: gtk

Packages, which is subscribed to gtk+2.0 in Ubuntu.

  Draws un-expected/unwanted scroll bars

Status in GTK+ GUI Toolkit:
  Expired
Status in basic theme engines for GTK+:
  Invalid
Status in “gtk+2.0” package in Ubuntu:

  Strange indeed.

  1) Open the "Run application" window (Alt + F2)
  2) Click to unfold the drop list
  3) Notice that there is only (in my case at least) a very few entries in the
  list and that there is consequently no vertical scroll bar
  4) Click to close the list
  5) Click again, to re-open it
  6) Notice how an ugly, out of place, tiny, useless and ridiculous vertical
  scroll bar suddenly appear in the list !!!

  Close the window and open again, to reset this crazy behavior, and
  repeat at will...

  It also does it with the "Network Monitoring" applet, except that once you
have
  clicked twice to trigger the scroll bar, closing the applet will not get rid
of
  the scroll bar. To bring the list back to normal state, you have to either log
  out/in, or remove the applet from the panel then put a "fresh" copy of it.

  I attached screen shots showing the proper and incorrect behavior, for both
the
  "Run App" and "Network Status" applet, to illustrate...