** This bug is no longer a duplicate of bug 1292620
   Session unlocking after screen blank results in screen blanking and a locked
sessions
   gnome screensaver locks again shortly after unlocking

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-screensaver in Ubuntu.

  Unlocking screensaver needs two redundant steps

Status in “gnome-screensaver” package in Ubuntu:

  Up-to-date 32 bit 14.04 on Lenovo L520 notebook. After locking the
  screen eg with CTRL-ALT-L I want to unlock it, so I give my password.
  It works, but sometimes after some seconds of unlocked state (I
  already working, ie typing etc) the screen fades out again and I have
  to give my password again to unlock. It's even more interesting with
  my wife's account (on the same machine/OS though): she must type her
  password two times, and the second password prompt follows
  immediately, not the very same case as mine.

  It's another issue and I am not sure if it's related at all: after
  locking the screen never turns off, which was the behaviour before
  upgraded to 14.04 and I guess the normal behaviour, as it's not so
  useful to waste power to show the screen for hours, it should goes of
  after locking till some keypress and/or mouse movement, I think.

  Package: gnome-screensaver 3.6.1-0ubuntu11
  Uname: Linux 3.13.0-17-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 2.13.3-0ubuntu1
  Architecture: i386
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Sat Mar 15 20:55:00 2014
  GnomeSessionIdleInhibited: No
  GnomeSessionInhibitors: None
  GsettingsGnomeSession:
   org.gnome.desktop.session session-name 'gnome'
   org.gnome.desktop.session idle-delay uint32 3600
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty Narwhal" - Release i386 (20110427.1)
  SourcePackage: gnome-screensaver
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to trusty on 2013-10-18 (148 days ago)