apport information

** Attachment added: "usr_lib_nautilus.txt"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1295330/+attachment/4040268/+files/usr_lib_nautilus.txt

  safely remove option not available when external hard disk is attached
  before powering on device

Status in “nautilus” package in Ubuntu:

  I have a 1TB external hard-disk which I usually keep attached to my
  laptop. It is noticed that when if I want to remove my external hard-
  disk safely from the laptop I find the "Safely remove option" only if
  I had not attached it before booting up.

  lsb_release -a
  No LSB modules are available.
  Distributor ID: Ubuntu
  Release:        14.04
  Codename:       trusty

  apt-cache policy nautilus
  nautilus:
    Installed: 1:3.10.1-0ubuntu8
    Candidate: 1:3.10.1-0ubuntu8
    Version table:
   *** 1:3.10.1-0ubuntu8 0
          500 http://in.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/main amd64 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  What did I expect to happen?
  Whenever I attach an external hard-disk to my laptop, the option to "Safely
Remove Drive" should always be present.

  What actually happened?
  1) If I mounted the external hard-disk before I powered on my laptop, the
option to "Safely Remove Device" is not present.

  2) If I mounted the external hard-disk after logging into my account, the
option to "Safely Remove Device" is present.
  ---
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 14.04
  GsettingsChanges:
   org.gnome.nautilus.list-view use-tree-view true
   org.gnome.nautilus.list-view default-column-order ['name', 'size', 'type',
'date_modified', 'date_accessed', 'owner', 'group', 'permissions', 'mime_type',
'where']
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS "Trusty Tahr" - Alpha amd64 (20140316)
  Package: nautilus 1:3.10.1-0ubuntu8
  PackageArchitecture: amd64
  Tags:  trusty
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip kvm libvirtd lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo
www-data
  _MarkForUpload: True