> > Is there a way to get RCP to also use setAccelerator whenever it sets
> > shortcut
> > labels?  That would ensure that menu items work correctly.
>
> RCP and Eclipse SDK use a KeyDown filter to process key shortcuts.  We have
> multi-keystroke shortcuts and shortcuts for behaviour not in the menus
> directly.
>
> But even for some more standard accelerators (CTRL+Y or ALT+/) the system
> has to dispatch to a handler based on a number of factors, including which
> part is active, what's the selection, etc.  Using setAccelerator(*) would
> fire the Selection for that MenuItem, producing the wrong executing in about
> half of the Eclipse SDK cases.

what is a practical solution to make a global menu work then?

Packages, which is subscribed to eclipse in Ubuntu.

  Eclipse menu bar does not appear in eclipse or the global menu

Status in Eclipse:
  Unknown
Status in “eclipse” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: eclipse

  When running Eclipse the global menu just has a File > Close command
  and the menu bar doesn't appear in Eclipse, thus no menu bar options
  at all are exposed for Eclipse.

  Package: eclipse (not installed)
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.37-8.21-generic 2.6.37-rc4
  Date: Thu Dec  9 16:38:38 2010
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty Narwhal" - Alpha amd64 (20101202)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANG=en_GB.utf8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: eclipse