** Changed in: somerville

** No longer affects: dell

Packages, which is subscribed to gksu in Ubuntu.

  [Hardy] update behind proxy - connections time out

Status in The Somerville Project:
  Fix Released
Status in “apt” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “gksu” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: apt

  Installed ubuntu alpha 3 in vmware today, just like I have done with
  gutsy final. I have set my proxy in both exactly the same way via the
  "Network Proxy" in the Preferences menu. In gutsy I can update both
  via command line (apt-get update) and the GUI. In hardy alpha 3, both
  do not work. I did not test alpha 2 so I can not say anything there. I
  had the same thing in Kubuntu alpha 3 where I set my proxy via
  apt.conf (Acquire::http::Proxy "....") and also via export
  http_proxy="..."

  When I wait a little longer I get a connection time out.

  Also. Internet in konqueror worked and also in Firefox.

  wget www.yahoo.com in the command line gives me a package via the
  proxy connection acknowledged as being ok.

  When I do ping www.yahoo.com, no packages come through while I can
  ping my proxy correctly. I am slightly confused...

  Glad to provide more info if needed.

  Christophe