Thanks for reporting this bug.  Please reply if it is still an issue.

** Changed in: pm-utils (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: pm-utils (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to pm-utils in Ubuntu.

  computer fails to fully wake after suspend, requiring full power cycle
  to resurrect

Status in “pm-utils” package in Ubuntu:

  If I select "Suspend" from the Power menu, my computer suspends as
  expected.

  When subsequently pressing the Power button on the front of the
  computer to wake it, the computer's hard disks power up but the
  monitor (and hence the computer in full) does not.

  A press of the hardware Reset button on the computer appears to make
  the computer reset, but the computer does not subsequently progress to
  the BIOS POST screen--at this time, it hangs/freezes in the same
  manner as when first being woken from suspension.  It is actually
  necessary to hold down the Power button such that the computer is
  forced to switch off fully, and then turn it on again.

  /var/log/pm-suspend.log (attached) makes reference to the suspend
  being performed, but doesn't appear to report anything else after
  going into suspension.  I don't know what other log files may be
  relevant, but am more than happy to provide any that are deemed to be.

  Package: pm-utils 1.4.1-9
  Date: Fri Jun  1 20:09:03 2012
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty Narwhal" - Release amd64 (20110427.1)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm
   PATH=(custom, user)
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: pm-utils
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to precise on 2012-03-04 (89 days ago)