The bug task for the somerville project has been removed by an automated
script.  This bug has been cloned on that project and is available here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1305594

** No longer affects: somerville

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.

  X org restarts 'randomy'

Status in “xorg” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  I am running a dell xps 1330 (pre-installed ubuntu) with Hardy.  It
  has a GeForce 8400M (rev a1). with the nvidia-glx-new(version
  169.12+2.6.24.14-21.47).  My wife was using this computer and one day
  X restarted for no reason.  She told me about it and i made sure she
  was not pressing any buttons when it happened (encase she had pressed
  CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE). she had not pressed any buttons.  then today it
  happened again.  I tried to check the /var/log/Xorg.0.log log file
  after the problem, but I found no information about the restart in
  there; nor any info about any kinds of errors.  Also, the second time
  this happened right after the system switched from being idle to
  active again(it switched from when the screen was dimmed since the
  system was idle and my wife touched the mouse pad and X just
  restarted).  I don't know if this is important or not, but both times
  were after several suspend/resume cycles had been done(witch also does
  not work like 1 out of 20 times and some times resumes with a very
  _loud_ system beep and some times has trouble reconnecting the wifi to
  the internet).   Let me know if you need any more information