It turns out to be a segfault.

If I play a track from my hard drive, then play the next track from the
CD, it doesn't segfault.

Packages, which is subscribed to gstreamer0.10 in Ubuntu.

  rhythmbox segfaults when switching between songs on a CD

Status in “gstreamer0.10” package in Ubuntu:

  I have an audio CD, and I'm playing songs from it by double-clicking
  in the left-most column (labelled with a speaker) on the CD ripping
  screen. Once a song is playing and I switch songs, or the song ends
  and rhythmbox should move onto the next song, rhythmbox crashes.

  The CD may be scratched, so I'd expect read errors -- but not the
  whole application to crash, and certainly not with such consistency.
  Playing the songs works fine, it's only switching to a new track that
  crashes rhythmbox.

  Package: libgstreamer0.10-0 0.10.36-1.2ubuntu1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.11.0-19.33-generic 3.11.10.5
  Uname: Linux 3.11.0-19-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.12.5-0ubuntu2.2
  Architecture: amd64