** Changed in: pitivi (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to pitivi in Ubuntu.

  pitivi should have easy rendering profiles/templates

Status in PiTiVi , Non-linear video editor:
  Fix Released
Status in “pitivi” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: pitivi

  I have just started to use pitivi which came in Ubuntu 10.4.  I wanted
  to do a simple edit of some video.  After a little fiddling, I figured
  out how to do it.  Then I went to output my video.  Up pops a massive
  choice menu with thousands of possible permutations.  I have been
  trying for 2 days now to find a combination that works properly.  A
  simple default to the same format of the clips used, with codecs that
  work for that format, would make it usable to newbies who just want a
  simple edit of some home video or a DVD.