Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: onboard (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to onboard in Ubuntu.

  Interaction with onboard causes synaptic to become unresponsive

Status in “onboard” package in Ubuntu:

  Hi,

  I'm filing this bug on onboard, but it might just as well be a bug in
synaptic; I just don't know-.
  - When onboard is running (it doesn't matter whether the onboard keyboard is
being displayed/used), synaptic experiences major issues of unresponsiveness.
Starting ssynaptic takes minutes, likewise  every time the quick search bar in
synaptic is used.
  During this time, the processes for synaptic, onboard and the accessibility
dbus daemon consume lots of cpu time, (almost 100% of one core _each_). After a
minute or two of waiting, synaptic becomes usable again, and the cpu load
disappears.
  - Onboards stay usable the entire time.
  - Other applications do not seem to have the same issue.
  - When onboard is not running, synaptic does not show this issue.

  I've tried a quick strace, and it seems that synaptic spends the
  unresponsive time sending lots of data using sendmsg(), but I haven't
  figured out where to.

  Package: onboard 0.99.0-0ubuntu1
  Uname: Linux 3.13.0-031300rc5-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.12.5-0ubuntu2.2
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Thu Dec 26 15:49:21 2013
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 13.10 "Saucy Salamander" - Release amd64
(20131016.1)
  MarkForUpload: True
  SourcePackage: onboard