** Also affects: gnome-settings-daemon (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to unity-settings-daemon in Ubuntu.

  gnome-settings-daemon has problems recognizing the layout switching
  shortcut

Status in Indicator keyboard:
  Invalid
Status in “gnome-settings-daemon” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in “indicator-keyboard” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “unity-settings-daemon” package in Ubuntu:

  After the upgrade to Ubuntu 13.10, I notice the iBus(or indicator-keyboard
I'm not sure) does not recognize the keyboard shortcut.
  After some trying, I find that iBus change the way it recognize the keyboard
shortcut in an really strict way.

  Suppose, I use Ctrl+Space for keyboard shortcut for iBus.
  In order to make iBus recognizing the keyboard shortcut,
  I must do following key sequence.

  1. Press down Ctrl.
  2. Press down Space.
  3. Release Space

  If, for example, after the step 2, released Ctrl before the release of
  Space, iBus doesn't recognize the keyboard shortcut regardless of how
  many seconds you press down both Ctrl and Space.

  This change is so inconvenient for me as I have to constantly switching
between English and Japanese(Mozc) while typing text.
  (Unification of Keyboard Layout and IME is really bad idea, but that's
another story.)