Just to add to my previous post, I have now experienced this issue when
accessing a Samba share using IP addresses.

  Nautilus has problems mounting network locations when nautilus-open-
  terminal is installed

Status in “nautilus” package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in “nautilus-open-terminal” package in Ubuntu:

  At least in Ubuntu 13.10, when this extension (nautilus-open-terminal) is
installed, Nautilus has some serious problems when mounting SFTP locations, and
possibly other protocols like Samba as well (haven't tested that).
  These problems occur, more specifically, when trying to mount the same SFTP
location a second time (after having mounted and unmounted it before).

  The culprit seems to be this extension because, when the extension is not
installed or disabled, these problems don't occur.
  I disabled the extension temporarily by renaming the file
/usr/lib/nautilus/extensions-3.0/libnautilus-open-terminal.so.
  I also tested this using a Live DVD (Nautilus worked fine before installing
the extension).

  More information below.

  ---

  To test this problem, the ssh server must be installed and running,
  and the nautilus-open-terminal extension must be installed (and not
  disabled).

  TEST CASE

  1. Open Nautilus
  2. Go to the location "sftp://localhost";, for example (Press Ctrl+L, write
the location and press enter)
  3. Enter the ssh credentials if asked
  4. The SFTP location should be mounted. Unmount it by pressing the respective
unmount "arrow" button in the sidebar
  5. Try to mount it again by repeating step 2 (and maybe 3)

  WHAT WAS EXPECTED

  The SFTP location was mounted successfully again

  WHAT HAPPENED

  Nautilus crashed.
  This is the error displayed in the terminal (when Nautilus is started from
the terminal):
  ERROR:nautilus-bookmark.c:350:nautilus_bookmark_connect_file: assertion
failed: (!nautilus_file_is_gone (bookmark->details->file))

  ---

  I also tested something else.

  I configured avahi to publish my computer as an SSH and SFTP server.
  The following commands should be enough to do this:
  $ sudo cp /usr/share/doc/avahi-daemon/examples/s* /etc/avahi/services/
  $ sudo restart avahi-daemon

  My computer then appears in Nautilus Network "folder".
  The first time my computer is double-clicked, it is mounted successfully
through SFTP.
  But, on the second time (after unmounting), the following error message is
displayed in a dialog:

  Could not display "".
  The file is of an unknown type

  Package: nautilus-open-terminal 0.20-1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.11.0-17.31-generic 3.11.10.3
  Uname: Linux 3.11.0-17-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.12.5-0ubuntu2.2
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Thu Feb 20 23:14:53 2014
  EcryptfsInUse: Yes
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 13.10 "Saucy Salamander" - Release amd64
(20131016.1)
  MarkForUpload: True
  SourcePackage: nautilus-open-terminal