Public bug reported:

Extracting files to the folder containing an asterisk in name leads to
creating new folder (also applies when drag and dropped). The new folder
is created with the name of the original one, but replacing the
asterisk(s) with the name of the archive.

For ie.:
I have folder "foo **/" and an archive "archive.zip".

Expected:
When extracted to "foo **/" the file(s) should be extracted there.

What happens:
When extracted it first creates the new folder "foo archivearchive/" where it
places the extracted file(s).

=====

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
file-roller 3.10.2.1-0ubuntu4.amd64

** Affects: file-roller (Ubuntu)

** Tags: asterisk extract folder

Packages, which is subscribed to file-roller in Ubuntu.

  Extract to directory containing asterisk

Status in “file-roller” package in Ubuntu: