  Ubuntu 12.04.1 x86. Empathy can not join to any conference at
  conference.jabber.ru.

  Here situation
  1. I have jabber account at jabber.ru
  2. I open "Join to room dialog" and enter group name and conference server
address (The list of rooms fetching normally)
  3. I press Join - dialog closes and nothing happened
  4. Below few minutes opens chat window with notification that room under
password protection (in really room without password)
  5. When I enter any password window controls disabled and it goes to infinity
wait

  Its possible that this is caused by Captcha, thats used at this
  conference (XEP-0158 as i found).

  At this time Empathy works fine with conference.jabber.org
  Gajim works with conference.jabber.ru (captcha supported and shows at chat
window)
  Pidgin works with conference.jabber.ru (captch unsopported and shows at
browser)

  Some situation with Empathy at Debian Squeeze, may be report this bug
  at gnome.org?